Scott Covell League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Scott Covell League

Forum of the last international GTR league founded by our regretted friend Kevin Scott Covell.

2 posters

Online tips

DonR
    DonR
    Admin

Online tips Empty Online tips

Post by DonR Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Online tip:

Sometimes not all servers show up in the server list in rFactor. To improve that situation do the following: First, close rFactor. now, find your 'multiplayer.ini' file for your profile - it should be in this folder "\rFactor\UserData\YourUserName\. Open it up with notepad and edit the following line which is about 20 lines down:

Concurrent Server Updates="40"
    (change this to "2000")

For time out error message:

In this file search for the line: "Net Join Timeout="150.00000" // How long to wait (without a response) before a game join will be considered....
    and change the value 150 for 400

Then save and quit, and head back into rFactor.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sometimes you will need to refresh the servers list 2-3 times to find the server you want (green button on top of the servers list),you can organize the servers list by name, mod or track, click on column name to do that

Don't forget to turn off Hamachi software and his "adapter" if you have it;
    To turn off Hamachi "adapter" go to control panel> network connections> rigth click on hamachi then select turn off ( you must do that every time you start your computer)
    v12

Online tips Empty Re: Online tips

Post by v12 Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:50 pm

May be dumb question Don but was your spectate button turned off when you tryed to enter my server on rfactor yesturday? If not you wont get in. Mine was off.
    DonR
    DonR
    Admin

Post by DonR Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:41 pm

No problemo Tom, i'm using rfactor and dedicated server since few years now but i'm sure that i still have a lot to learn on it Wink
    You're talking about "spectator mode" ?
    The problem last day was that I never saw your server on the list, even after many refresh.
    I think you have opened firewall's ports checked server option (matchmaker...) and tested your server before with someone else if you ask me for that.
    I had problems like "our" now few month ago and hamachi was the problem (software was off but not the adapter) but this time seems to be something else and i don't know what for the moment, we need to test it more maybe with another mod or/and track

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:18 am